Friday, July 22, 2016

College School Supplies

     Continuing on this week's theme of college advice for freshman, today I will talk about the school supplies you"ll need for college. It's super important to be extremely organized in college, more so than high school. You'll be alone without your parents help and having everything you need will really help you. Thankfully my brother already went through college by the time I was a freshman, so I knew all of the inside tips! Now I'm here to help you. 
     First let's go over the basics. Pens, pencils, colored pencils, and sharpies will cover your writing utensils. Next find a sturdy backpack that will last in every type of weather. A popular backpack around most campuses is this North Face one.  Then, gather at least three more notebooks than the amount of classes you're taking. I usually take five classes per semester, so having three more allows me room if I run out of space, for club meetings, or for drawing. For some classes, teachers ask you to use a binder. If you're interested in making a monogrammed cover look at my recent blog post here! I usually take 3 binders and store them away if I don't need them. 



     The items that I owe my organization to are folders. With the surplus of papers, notes, and print-outs, folders are key. Not only do I use them for classes, but I use them for health, class, job, and bank documents. My mom has a similar system at home where we have multiple folders in the same color for each category and it's a great way to keep yourself organized with important documents. I'm also a huge fan of a label maker to make everything official on these folders. 

     Now we"ll cover smaller supplies that come in handy. Paperclips, a staple, rubber bands, push pins, and tape are items I needed a lot my freshman year, and of course I barely brought any! Push pins come in handy for when you want to decorate your cork board and add a personalized touch to your bland room with pictures of friends and family! Look for my blog post on ways to decorate your dorm room in the next few days! With these basic supplies you"ll be more than ready to take on your first year of college! Have confidence and you"ll do great.






The Pink Prep







No comments:

Post a Comment