Thursday, July 21, 2016

DIY Monogrammed Binder Covers


When summer comes to an end and the beginning of September is near, I know that the school is about to begin! Every school year I love to organize my binders with a monogrammed cover. This brightens and adds a personal touch to your school items which makes it bearable to use them for homework! I personally enjoy using Lilly Pulitzer prints as the background, but feel free to use any that you like!


First I find the perfect Lilly print and open it Microsoft Word. 



Then I sometimes add a shape on top of the print to help the letters stand out. If you aren't a fan of the shape the letters usually work best in white over the print!



Next I find the font I want for my monogrammed. Some of my favorite are Curlz, Marion, and Palatino. Make sure to make you middle letter larger than the others for the perfect monogrammed look. In this specific cover, I used Georgia.




Lastly I make sure everything is centered on my piece and the font is big enough. I used 80 and 100 point font.
I hope this helps you in personalizing your school binders and good luck this year!


          The Pink Prep

No comments:

Post a Comment